I think the most disappointing part about some people growing up is that they lose the imagination they had a kid. The days that you could instantly transport yourself to another world, when you could be and do absolutely anything you wanted, from a Disney Princess in a castle (I was always Belle or Ariel :D) to a Superhero saving the world (playing Spiderman became so much more epic with those silly string toys!). Like the crazy old codger Albert Einstein, I think an imagination is something that needs to be valued and retained throughout a lifetime! I have gladly held onto this trait though I am 20 years old, and I do not plan on ever letting it go! Obviously I don’t bust out the barbies or rampage down the street declaring to everyone I meet that I am actually a dinosaur, but I still spend my time pondering strange scenarios, like what it would be like if Planet of the Apes was to actually happen, and if I would make a good pet human or if I would have a tendency to bite my ape master if he got stingy with my food.
One thing I adore about my boyfriend Steven is that he also shares my whacky imagination. When talking, we usually veer off onto wild tangents about outlandish scenarios and end up on the floor laughing until we can’t breath. Our most recent topic of conversation was our cat Jasper. As you know, Jasper is an evil mastermind (or if you don’t, please see my post: http://therantommenace.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/youre-the-devil-in-disguise/. By the end of it you’ll understand what a conniving little bastard he is :P). After trying to escape to the outside world and having a tantrum that we foiled his plan, we let our imagination run rampant, and decided that Jasper was trying to escape to the outside world to begin to gather his fellow felines and lead a cat rebellion against us. We believe that, mounted on dogs, they would gather in our backyard with Jasper at the head, screeching a death cry.
We decided that we would arm ourselves with raw steaks to incapacitate their steeds and water spray bottles to take down Jasper’s cat minions. Once the battle begins, we would fly through their air like ninjas and take them all down one by one. Naturally, as the water-logged cats drag themselves away and the dogs munch on their food, it would come down to an epic last confrontation between us and Jasper. Que Western duel music.
Being the pansy he is, this would all end with a spray of water to Jasper’s face. As he sits down to begin a long-standing sulking episode, we would pick him up, take him inside, and would always keep our spray bottles close at hand forever preparing for another uprising in the future.
Yeeeeeah, we had a bit too much time on our hands that day, but we laughed and laughed until our stomachs ached :D
Imagination makes life fun, so embrace it! Growing up is over-rated :)
On the topic of imagination, Steven asked me a really great question the other day:
‘If you had a choice from any movie/book/game, which fictional world would you like to live in?’
My choice would be the world of Pandora from the movie Avatar, minus all the destruction by the humans of course. The beautiful forests, the interesting animals and being so in touch with nature would be like my dream come true!
So what fictional world would you choose to live in? :)
On a side note, these are the reasons this past weekend has been absolutely wonderful:
1) I completed two of three major assignments that are due and am well on my way to completing the other by tomorrow (a 6 page assignment about dirt, absolutely riveting -___-), giving me more time to play glorious upon glorious hour as the elf Rochelle, the saviour and Grey Warden of Ferelden! (Dragon Age, best RPG ever, play it right now! :D)
2) My football team Richmond Tigers absolutely belted the Hawks (sorry planettwentytwo, I had to mention it :P) in which I proceeded to massacre their song for the rest of the night with my lovely
banshee screeching singing :D
3) Steven and I managed to find a lovely walking track within this feral little area where we can escape reality for a little while and not have to deal with stupid people :)
4) My blog hit over 100 followers! Huzzah! And again thankyou all! :D
5) One of my lovely followers, though she had only been subscribed to my blog for a week, listed me as one of her ‘Top Ten Blogs to read that aren’t about books’, which absolutely made my day! :) For all you book nerds out their such as myself, definitely check out her blog! http://enchantedbybooks.wordpress.com/
6) We have wooden floor boards. I just happened to find my fluffy Shrek-coloured socks that have no grip. Surfing around the house shall commence immediately, a little something like this:
Fortunately, I actually have this song on my iPod, so unfortunately, I shall also be busting out similar awesome dance moves :D
No exam revision shall be getting done the next few days :D